FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Receipt for flown flight
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:08 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Leodiensian
Seems so simple... I need to receipt for a flight flown last week to claim on expenses. Booked on BA.com but when I search for the PNR and Last Name I get an error message saying the flight has already been flown. Yes. I know. I just want a copy of my receipt. Must be a very common request. Am I being stupid (I will have been emailed a receipt but I have cleared my inbox since then)?

Also, is it possible to recover a ticket number from a previously flown PNR? Seems this aspect of BA.com is rather weak. Any e-commerce site in the world lets you view previous orders.
From ba.com:
If your ticket was purchased directly from British Airways and you have travelled with us within the last 48 hours, your booking will still be visible on ba.com and the option for the credit cardholder to print an e-ticket receipt copy will be available. Please use the 'Manage My Booking' option on the top of the ba.com home page.

If it is longer than 48 hours since your last flight, the credit card holder for the booking must request a duplicate e-ticket receipt in writing.

The following details must be included in the request:
- Name and contact details
- Details of whether the booking was ever changed
- The British Airways booking reference, or ticket number(s)
- Number of passengers that were travelling
- Date of travel, route and flight numbers
- A valid postal address to send the proof of cancellation documentation to.

Fax:
Please mark the fax - 'Duplicate Receipt' and send to - + 44 (0) 191 227 2729

British Airways
Po Box 252
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE99 1XW
If you need proof that you did or did not travel, including detailed fare/price information, we have a team that can help customers resident in the UK.
**Important** If you booked through a travel agency/third party please refer back to them as we are unable to assist.

We will need the following information: booking reference or ticket numbers / number of passengers travelling / date of travel, route and flight numbers / a valid postal address to send the documentation to.
Please be aware that if proof of travel is required for multiple passengers from the same booking but with different surnames, each passenger must give authority and provide a specific personal address.

The passengers that need this information can either contact the team on 0844 493 0787, or submit their request in writing - either by post or fax as follows:

Fax:
Please mark the fax "Proof of travel/non-travel" and send to: + 44 (0) 191 227 2729

PO Box 252
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE99 1XB.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm