FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 reservation = 2 PNRs
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:29 am
irmster

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
I might be confused here but can you not just check in online for both, once on AA and once on BA

Then simply present yourself to check-in at DUS and give them both booking refs and ask to have your boarding passes issued and your bags thru checked ?

cs
Not according to the first agent. He categorically said OLCI would not work in this case. The point was I needed to OLCI as I was doing a back to back - with no luggage as I intend to check that in at LHR the next day (to avoid having to take it to DUS). Anyway, I've paid the change fee now. Better safe than sorry i suppose.

Originally Posted by Andriyko
This is good news of you can select seats for the LHR-LAS flight.

This is how it works. Had all of your BA flights been booked under BA codes you'd only have one PNR but since your LHR-LAS flight is booked under AA code but operated by BA the operating airlines needs to create a separate (operational) PNR for that flight.

I also thought that you should be able to collect a BP at LHR but there should really be nothing to stop you from checking in online...even for the LAS flight (use the PNR where you can change the seat).

Have a nice trip!
thanks!