FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:10 am
colpuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by travelkid
Again this is possible when you have received e-mail conf for the TV and had your CC charge (=received flight confirmation, had CC charges and even picked seats) but not AFTER TV delivery (= value paper delivered/e-ticket issued).

Flights tickets are unique compared to TVs etc in the way they make people organize their lives (like hotels, relocating etc). And as the contract is the basic fundament of the society (contrate de social, concept of marriage, and all forms trade etc etc) there must be strict rules to unilaterally cancel any contract. By all means do cancel but pay damage (= also benefit of trade).

There are some contracts that should be harder to cancel to keep the publics trust in the instrument. Could be cash, cheques, e-tickets etc.
Like I said I agree with you. I think there are great arguments to make on both sides. If you have an argument and you haven't sent it to the DOT please do so.