FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF has improved, but still not won me back (feedback over across several flights)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:29 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I have experienced the new business product to Saint Petersburg and Kiev (3 hours flight), and was very happy about it (warm omelette for breakfast, no plastic glass/china/steel fork and knife, new AF refreshing wet towel; warm dish in the evening).
Thanks for sharing this Nicolas75. Good to know that catering has become better on those routes. ^ Still leaves the seats where personally I would not be willing to take the risk of sitting in a NEO seat for such a long trip.

Originally Posted by nicolas75
IAnd when you are at both PIE and IEV lounges, you really find AF lounge at T2E simply fantastic!
I surely believe that and don't disagree. And if you are in Bamako, Kunduz or Boa Vista you might end up finding St. Petersburg (I assume you meant LED, not PIE - St. Petersburg/Clearwater in Florida) fantastic. Hence my disclaimer on "your travel patterns and alternatives may differ". Throughout my feedback I have limited my comparison to other European peers. If I were going to - for instance - Spain or the Magreb frequently, I'd also prefer AF to their local carriers. But AF is in competition for travelers who make their choice between AF, other European network carriers (LHLX, BAIB, increasingly TK) and large network carriers from other continents. Being better than Hewa Bora Airlines or Ariana Afghan airlines is laudable, but not a winning strateg and thus hopefully not their benchmark and ambition.

So my point is not to discount your experience, my point is simply that benchmarking downward and saying to myself "it could be worse" will not bring me back as a customer. And I dare to think that most potential customers think that way.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Aug 7, 2012 at 7:06 pm