FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lankan Airline New Business Class Seats
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:44 am
phowax

I flew UL506 from LHR-CMB on July 15, and we upgraded to business class at check-in (GBP310 each for two people plus a GBP5 fee for paying with Amex). We were pleased to find on boarding that the aircraft was fitted with the new seats, which were really very good.

They felt spacious and as there were two of us flying together we appreciated the lack of a big divider between the seats. That said, for solo flyers I'd say there is sufficient space between them.

The only strange thing is that the electrical mechanism to change position lifts you up a fair way when switching the seat into recline or fully-flat mode. In full-flat it obviously drops back down again which is fine, but the recline mode left us perched a couple of inches above the rest of the cabin, which was a bit strange.

Return flight (UL503 CMB-LHR July 27) we didn't try to upgrade and the craft was equipped with the old-style seats which looked very dated in comparison. Both were, I think, A340-300s.