FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No lounge access with SU for Plat
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:32 am
Jan@BRU

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
No lounge access with SU for Plat

Forum --

AF Platinum here (gained the cheap way through a match), but my recent experiences don't make me want to hold on to it, let alone earn it again.

I have quite some business in Russia but rarely took Skyteam to go there. I recently was on an economy SVO-LED-SVO-BRU routing with Aeroflot though.

First surprise: They refused lounge entry at SVO for the domestic flight. (A side remark: has anybody been in their new terminal in Moscow? never seen such a joke of a narrow airside area ... people start sitting on the floor again, just as they did in the old terminal) ... Anyway, explanation was "no service for Air France". I thought it might have been the same policy as with delta, no access with Delta (which I also find appaling), that you need an international connection.

However, same thing in the contract lounge in LED on the way back. They were much nicer and explained that "Aeroflot" kicked out Air France, because they didn't pay their bills (from 14 July onwards -- funny French revolution date!), so we had to leave the lounge and were projected into the shuttle area at Pulkovo aiport -- no that's an experience on its own, but would lead us OT.

Now curiousity was raised and tried again at the SU lounge at SVO on the way to Brussels, now clearly on an international flight... same result, just typical Aeroflot scruffness on top, this time no explanation just "No service for Air France in this terminal."

Did I miss something or is it really that appaling?

Best,

Jan

PS: I'm sure I had lounge access with even AF Silver at SVO a couple of years ago ...