FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying EK passenger you have seen?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:36 am
Gandhi

Programs: Skywards, PIAAwards Plus Diamond, HHonours, SPG, IHG
Here goes . . .

A recent KHI-DXB leg the flight got delayed due to a medical emergency. Many of the pax were connecting to afternoon flights to Europe and with connection times as little as 75 minutes, many (including me, traveling Y) though they'd miss their connection. Since the flight was half full, after take off I decided to take the seat as far ahead in the cabin as possible so I could get out off the plane as soon as possible and make a run for my connecting flight. The only aisle seat available was next to a lady so I politely asked if it was free, she just said 'I think so'. I think she wanted to say 'Yes but I dont want you to sit here'. Anyway shameless as I am I decided to ignore her comment and sat down.

Upon disembarking I learnt I had missed my connection and so I had to make my way to Transfers to get another boarding pass for a later flight. Guess who managed to get there before me ? Yes the same lady. She had also missed her connection and kept complaining to the transfer desk agent why EK couldn't hold the flight for just 15 minutes so she could catch her flight. Then went into a diatribe as to why it was extremely important that she get to her destination that day. Needless to say she was holding me and the enter queue when we just wanted to get our new BPs