FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Never mind June DOT stats, how about July!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:34 pm
KansasMike

Originally Posted by halls120
You might get tired of hearing it, but it is a fact. Just because you can predict a thunderstorm doesn't mean it won't play havoc on airline scheduling.

Do you really believe that airline schedulers come in on Monday to prepare Wednesday's flight schedule?
Did you bother to read my posting?

If they had issued waivers in any of those situations, their passengers (along with airport and res. people) could have gone a long way to proactively mitigate the problems.

For example, I mentioned on my blog that, if you were traveling on a full-fare ticket, go the day before.

In all four of the major July thunderstorm situations in the Northeast, the thunderstorms were in the afternoon. By putting every pax that was available to take an earlier flight (either day before or the morning of) into any open seats that is fewer pax inconveniences and more open seats (flexibility) when the thunderstorms actually move in.

You may think the "rolling eyes" icon is cute but you are far behind the times: Industries all over the U.S. are successfully using these more accurate forecasts to save money and operate more safely. Airlines are way behind in this regard.