FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To young to Apply for Citi AA Cards?
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:33 pm
echip

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by kal22
Ok, I am currently 20 years old and currently have a Amex Blue, Chase Student and Citi Thank you card. My oldest is the chase which is about 2 years old, while the newest is the Citi TY which is only 2 months old. I have been looking at applying for the Citi AA Amex/Visa cards using the 2 browser trick to get the 100,000 miles. I have never churned cards before and have some questions

How long between Citi card should you wait? Is 2 months too short?

I also know that the Visa is a Signature so the min CL is 5K, my most recent Citi TY only came with a 1K, which is my lowest off all my cards, so I don't know if this is a bad sign.

I always pay in full, and have done a lot of reading so I understand that if you pay your cards off then mild churning will have very little effect on your credit score. I also am not planning on applying for any types of loans in the near future.

I have a lot of purchases coming up with the start of school, so I could easily meet the min spend, I just don't know if its too soon to apply for 2 more cards from Citi. If not I will probably wait until Dec to appiy for them to meet the min spend. I would prefer to get them sooner than later though, so I can get the points and plan some trips

Any tips would be very welcomed, and thanks for all the help.

*I also should note that about a month ago, I recieved a 35k offer for the AA CIti card(visa I think), in the mail, after doing a decent amount of travel with AA.

Need more info.
What is your income?
Credit score?
If your 2 month old Citi TY card only come with $1k credit limit, that's not a good sign.
So I say wait until Dec as you planned. But make sure to charge as much your Citi TY card as possilbe, and pay it off each month. This way, if you ever need to call Citi credit analyst, at least Citi knows that you could handle more than $1000 credit limit.