FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying EK passenger you have seen?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:19 pm
sadiqhassan

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by eightblack
What annoys me is the passengers who stand up and start trying to get bags down etc when the plane hasn't even left the active runway (or taxi-way). One day someone is going to get seriously injured. I get annoyed that the crew dont shout loudly at the person to sit down until we have come to a complete stop (like they do if you are on an Australian or US carrier).

I mean, do they think they are going to get off any quicker?

I also don't get why people can't seem to clean up after themselves in an aircraft bathroom. It's not that hard.
This is kinda OT but I was on a recent LHR-JFK flight on AA and one of the overhead bins popped open on landing. The head FA made an announcement saying "can someone please close that overhead bin." I got up, shut it and the same FA said "SIR! SIT DOWN NOW!" over the PA I was thoroughly embarrassed.

We were still on the active runway and I was scared that a bag would actually fall and knock someone out, so I can understand why it is unsafe to have people opening the bins before arrival.