FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling beyond your means on miles and points
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:36 pm
celetheo

Originally Posted by soccerref750
It's true, I'm another example of someone who is 22, make decent college graduate money, and off mostly credit card signups and some limited travel for work thus far, I've been able to amass quite a few miles/points. I'm early in the game, and am just planning my first redemptions, but you don't have to come out of college with a bad FICO. The biggest things that helped me were having one of those low-rate student cards (that I paid off regularly), and an "emergency" card provided by my parents for my travels (which I never used), which immediately gave me a super long credit history. Now spending a lot of time reading about this stuff has me hooked, and I'm excited at all the opportunities this game offers.
Honestly could have written this myself. At 22, the two keys to already being in this game are (1) paying off, in full, every time on "student card" and (2) being attached to parents accounts (I don't even have cards, cut them up). From here on out, I just want to make sure to keep inquiries low in times I may move.