ZRH-BOM
Airbus A340-300 HB-JMA "Frauenfeld"
SWISS First seat 1A
STD 00:50
STA 06:15
Flight time 8:35 h
Load 4/8
24 April 2012

I connected in BOM coming from BKK with TG. Again SWISS sent someone to the gate to pick me up and bring me to the lounge. The First Class part of Star Alliance lounge looks just the same as the business part and doesn't have anything more to offer. For the rest rooms you even have to go to the C side of the lounge.

As I was getting bored, I got on board very early. They warned me at the gate, though, that one of the jetties isn't working and that they have to board C and Y through door 1L also. As I was sitting there in my original seat 2K, everybody had to go through the F cabin. I felt like everybody was staring at me. On top of that there were tons of mosquitos in the cabin annoying also the crew. I heard them saying that they've never seen so many of them on board ever before. They sprayed the whole cabin before take-off. It didn't kill them all. I saw one after waking up getting closer to home. So boarding wasn't great apart from the nice fruit drink and the skewer they offered me. An older Indian couple and an Austrian businessman joined me in the cabin. Before take-off I switched to 1A so the Indian couple had 2DG to themselves. The other pax was sitting 1K. I heard him asking the crew wether they changed something in the cabin and they explained the aircraft change to him. He didn't seem bothered about it.

Take-off was on time. At this late hour I just had the excellent salmon and the other appetizers and then went to sleep. This is really not the right flight if you want to enjoy First class. The outbound flights to India are much more suited for that. Of all the F flights that I've taken, this must have been the least exciting one. Sleeping all the way to ZRH and then going straight to work, skipping the newly opened arrival lounge, was still fine, of course.

FabiZRH

Last edited by FabiZRH; Aug 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm