FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent experience with contact lens solution at security in SIN
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:29 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I've gone through security at Singapore 4 times in the past year (6 if you count the arrival security on flights from Jakarta), and I haven't had a problem thus far, so this is news to me.

FWIW, I carry a 3.5-oz bottle of contact lens solution and place this in my liquids bag. It's rarely ever questioned at any airport. (In Seoul, I was once asked to remove it, but it was allowed by the screener after I explained its purpose.)

Unfortunately, I wear hard (gas-permeable) contact lenses, and the necessary solution is difficult or impossible to find overseas; being asked to discard this would present a problem. I used to buy sample (1-oz) sizes, but because hard contact lenses are no longer popular, many drug stores no longer carry these.

Is there any safe/hygienic way to decant contact lens solution into a smaller container?