FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many cartons of cigarettes can I take on a domestic flight to Florida?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:56 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Redhead
There are no restrictions on how many you can take. No customs internally.
Originally Posted by Redhead
Did you buy them at one of the Indian places in NY? Because they are technically on non US sovereign soil no taxes need to be paid. So fully legal.
Not customs, but aren't there specific interstate commerce laws related to alcohol and tobacco, specifically due to varying degrees of taxation?

In other words, it's not a customs thing or a problem as long as you're carrying an amount believably smokable by yourself, but maybe not truly unlimited...

I could be wrong...just hypothesizing that there isn't really an unlimited arbitrage opportunity in cigarettes just by buying them from Native Americans. At some point, somebody's going ask if you have intent to distribute. Guess you could always go with the Bam Morris response: "Nope, I'm just going to smoke it all myself..." (Okay, so Bam was weed, but you get the idea... )