FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia gets nervous!
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:00 am
Platinum A332

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
That CX is not as strong in Europe is a good argument to partner with Emirates. Dubai has great connections into Europe

As far as what LHR can do, a big issue I see is that there are a lot of other places in Europe where passengers may want to go to ; going via London to get to places like Rome, Athens etc is not exactly a great choice; Dubai gives a nice connecting point to avoid overflying ones destination.

I see lots of benefits to Qantas with an arrangement with EK, but have trouble seeing what great benefits EK gets out of the deal

Qantas is an airline in its own right; any alliance membership should not work to detriment of itself ; if having to worry about what other airlines think when trying to improve ones own position would suggest to me that the alliance is perhaps something not to be a member of
For sure DXB has great connections. But all this will do is allow EK to poach QF most premium and loyal flyers into Europe. That's why I think (not know, I understand I am being armchair CEO here) that working with an airline like QR would be much better as QR could be integrated with other oneworld alliance partners, such as CX.

A QF/EK partnership will be just that, a QF/EK partnership.

Last edited by Platinum A332; Aug 1, 2012 at 1:16 am