FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I won't touch your hand luggage, but he will...
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:39 am
RJLondonGold

Programs: BA Gold GL
Originally Posted by HighLife

Well before take off at LHR and before the cabin filled up to its roughly 70% occupancy, the (very short) woman in 12K asked a passing (very tall) crew member for help lifting her bag... the male crew member very dramatically told her (in the style of an exasperated primary school teacher who has already repeated the same thing ten times today) that he wasn't allowed to touch her bag and that it was all to avoid injuries to cabin crew. Trust me, it wasn't explained calmly or nicely! He then did a very elegant pirouette and disappeared back into WT.
I think I had this crew member on a flight the other month! Again she was a very elderly lady who couldn't put her bag in the locker - not because it was heavy, it was that she couldn't reach. He was quite rude to her and I put the bag up into the locker for her and took it down again.

I can understand all the 'elf and safety issues around this - but honestly - I just think some common sense needs to prevail when someone can't reach the locker!