FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:44 pm
crimson12

Originally Posted by BigLar
I know it's an older thread, but things have changed a bit with the new laws.

I already have a Citi Visa and Amex - got them a couple of months ago. I just got an email (targetted) offering me a CitiBusiness AAdvantage World Master Card. 35K bonus (which is really all I'm interested in - this is FT, after all).

Anyhow, it's been at least 60 days since I applied for the other cards and, well, they did invite me, so...

How tough are they these days on business apps? I would be a small personal biz, $0-$25K income, SSN (no EIN), etc. I would have no problem making the spend ($1500/3 months) and the bonus would put me just about within grasp of our next big eurotrip.

Go for it? Fuggeddaboutit? What's the consensus these days?
At least for me, Citi was a huge hassle. I sent them my EIN, no good. I sent them my business license from NYC, no good. I sent them something else, no good. Finally I sent my business checking account statement and the card was approved. (I was just starting up so I didn't have a statement available when I first applied.)

All that said, my wife applied as a sole proprietor in her own name and was immediately approved. My business has its own name that's different from mine, which may have been what caused the hassle.

Good luck!