FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where did you end up on the Final Upgrade List, UA Domestic?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:59 am
valor155

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Where did you end up on the Final Upgrade List, UA Domestic?

I want to post some information from me, that I would find helpful from others. Basically, I want to know where you ended up on the final upgrade list before boarding, US domestic, if you did NOT get upgraded.

This information helps more definitively figure out which times and city pairs can expect to make (or more aptly, miss) an upgrade.

Here is my 1st data point:

Route: SAN-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 3:30pm, Wednesday
Flight #: 354
Equipment: A320 (12 F seats)
Fare Class: T
Final Position: 17 of 42
Offered Upgrade Cost (if applicable) at Airport/Check In: $169
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 6

I know other factors affect position, like time of check in. But, this can give folks a rough estimate of where they might land on the list and how long the list actually is, given the factors above.

I did a search for a similar thread in the UA forum, and did not find one. Moderators please merge if I missed it or close the thread.

I realize hub to hub and peak business travel times will have the longest lists in general. But the more actual data, the better.

I have one more data point for the flight above from a friendly 1K I struck up a conversation with (who was not upgraded):

Route: SAN-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 3:30pm, Wednesday
Fare Class: unknown
Final Position: 3 of 42

Last edited by valor155; Jul 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm Reason: added further data suggestions