FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska takes over North Satellite at SEA
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:07 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Agreed, but AS is a codeshare "whore", so I'd bet they see tons of paid F/C passengers connecting onto an AS flight in SEA. What about those customers? I don't think DL customers want to go to the SC in concourse S to shower, where they will have to take the train back after clearing customs, and then have to haul all the way to N before their connecting AS flight in F.

This is why I think the SEA BR should have showers. LAX/PDX/ANC not so much, because there is significantly less connecting international premium customers to justify the cost of including showers.

It costs a fortune to add them to an existing club, but I cannot imagine it would cost that much more when building an entirely new lounge. They will have to pay a fortune for plumbing construction if they are going to install bathrooms in the new BR. That is the biggest cost with adding a shower, but it won't sting a lot if they include showers from the get-go. This is why showers are almost always in the same area as the bathroom [either right next to it or right across the hallway]
Yes AS 'gets around' but I'm uncertain that they get that much premium cabin passengers from partners. There is however some serious revenue between Alaska and Texas due to oil- and the oil companies do procure F.

Since there is a significant amount of redeyes to SEA I think a shower would be nice too.

And one can clear customs and go back up the escalator to the S terminal without taking the train after clearing TSA.