FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:54 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Jackie will play the frustrated HKG customs agent. When he finds out that Larry is carrying 8 cartons of smokes, hilarity ensues:

Agent Chan: "Sir, you can only bring 19 cigarettes into Hong Kong duty free."

Larry: "Who do you think I am, some health nut! I smoke that many in a few hours."

Agent Chan: "But sir, these are the rules in Hong Kong. You will have to pay duty and taxes on your excess cigarettes."

Larry: "But these are only for my own personal use. How am I gonna survive in Hong Kong for 5 days, with 3 insane kids and 'Matilda the Hun' here, with only 19 cigarettes. Are you crazy?"

Agent Chan: "I am sorry sir, but you will have to pay a duty on these excess cigarettes." (Chan starts fiddling with a calculator and writes some notes on a note pad.) "Sir, that will be 1,600- Hong Kong dollars please."

Larry: "What! Baby, just how much is that?"

Rosie: "About 200 dollars, hon."

Larry: "What? You all really are crazy! That's more than I paid for my airline ticket in First Class!"

Agent Chan: "I am sorry sir. If you won't pay the duty, you will have to forfeit your cigarettes."

Larry: Confusing Japan and Hong Kong says, "Well, I can see now why we kicked your asses in World War II!" (He dejectedly pays the duty and agent Chan hands Larry a receipt.)

(Larry turns and hands the receipt to Rosie.)

Larry: "Baby, you take damn good care of that receipt. We are going to submit a claim to United when we get home. This is all their fault!"

(The family takes their baggage and exits the customs inspection area.)
How are they going to survive? Go to a store and buy them locally which is what they want you to do in the first place. Also don't see what story has to do with the thread.