FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare Class has Inventory - Not Able to Book into? {Archive]
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:32 am
SoCalLen

Programs: UA Platinum
Fare Class has Inventory - Not Able to Book into? {Archive]

Has anyone ever seen something like this before, where a less expensive fare inventory is available, yet a higher fare class is the only one bookable? In this instance, I'm looking at a R/T LAX-SYD flight departing 8/15 on UA 839 returning 8/20 on UA 840, which is showing "K9" inventory for both flights on both United's website and ExpertFlyer, however only "L" comes up in the results when searching for lowest fare. I attempted to do a search for only "K" where you can select "Enter specific classes of service" in the advanced reservations search, but get a result of "We were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements." I tried the same search on Orbitz and Kayak, but I get the same price that United quotes for "L" class. When I searched for this last week on United.com, the ticket was significantly less expensive because the "K" fare class was properly coming up in the results.

Attached is a screenshot illustrating the issue that I'm referring to. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks for any help!