FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA versus AA...Observations and things to consider before leaving/joining
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:08 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JetAway
Just completed my first AA flight (DCA-DFW) as an EXPL matched from 1K. After all the hype the experience was a little bit of a letdown. Upgraded only on the outbound and then only at 24 hrs. Return was in coach, limited recline exit row aisle. No "special welcome" on either segment. Was comp'd a sandwich on the return after showing my boarding pass, to which the FA responded, "Is that yours?" All in all, little different from my UA flights lately.

However, the inflight wi-fi, using my GoGo passes, made a huge difference in my flight experience, allowing me to work and surf the web along the way. I'm not sure my singular experience had enough "wow factor" to cause me to switch exclusively to AA although the wi-fi may be the deciding factor when everything else is equal.
I wouldn't make a hasty judgment after one flight. I'm Plat on AA, my UG percentage is 75% over 24 flights in 2012, and I've had 1K-level service from AA CSRs even though I'm not ExPlat. Plus the domestic ACs are a clear cut above the domestic UCs.