FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:36 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Does the practice of airlines cancelling tickets compromise th integrity of e-tickets

Does the practice of airlines cancelling tickets compromise the integrity of the e-ticketing process?

If airlines are able to cancel airline tickets, my confidence in the e-ticket process is lost. Air Canada did this years ago to me. If United thinks they can cancel tickets, perhaps the legal experts can advise me how the "e-ticket" can survive. Consumer confidence in the system will crumble if airlines are able to cancel a ticket at will.

Could a proper legal battle be waged to destroy confidence in e-tickets to the extent that e-ticketing rights be taken away from the airlines. I mean if we cannot trust the airlines to administer e-tickets, they should not be able to issue or cancel them. This would mean PAPER TICKETS for all who fail to meet proper accreditation, or perhaps all e-ticketing powers be delegated to a third party who could be trusted.

If, through their own doing the confidence in the "e-ticket" was destroyed, the financial damage to the airlines would be substantial.

I have already lost faith that the airlines can be trusted. Proving this shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Who cares to assist me on this crusade?