FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:54 am
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
I said back in 2007 that I would excercise every day. Does that mean i'm stuck with that decision for 20 years? Just becaue they said it does not mean its now the rule for time to come.
^ How many of us would want to be held to everything we ever said five years ago?

Originally Posted by as219
Just out of curiousity, do you think UA will ever fix its IT problems in the absence of singificant financial incentives to do so? ...
Presuming you are asking in good faith, yes, I do think that UA will continue to try to fix its too-often-screwed-up IT. There have been fixes that have happened since 3/3. It all just proceeding too slowly, but, yes, I think they are committed to doing so -- I'm just not convinced that they have enough of the right people working on it.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I wonder if UA would be withing their rights to look at everyone who had decided to persue this and just close their MP accounts. UA says they reserve the right to close any account for any reason and the people that really want to make a big deal out of this by dragging UA thru the mud are certainly customers that UA no longer want.
+1 Particularly when so many of them claim to be UA's "most loyal customers." That's not the way folks who are "loyal" behave.

As for the ones that really want to cause trouble, I wish there was a way for me to file a report w the DOT backing up United and letting them know (from a customers point of view) that it was very obviously a mistake from what I saw on my computer.
Another +1. These folks are you-know-what-bent on hurting the airline that, for better or worse, I want to continue to fly with (even with all the many frustrations of such a decision -- which are indeed real, even if this whole tempest isn't one of them).