FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:58 am
burmans

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by VandyBDL
It'd be nice if you were right, but I think that if they did this without DOT approval while in the middle of an inquiry they would be downright stupid. Not to say they aren't anyway, but the DOT would have basically got slapped in the face by UA saying they aren't waiting and they will do whatever they want. DOT would likely make them reinstate all tickets and issue huge fines if that were the case, because I do think UA violated the DOT rule. Especially after that DOT individual was quoted stating the rule does apply to mileage tickets. Now, not only has UA lost all credibility, so has the DOT with respect to this rule.
Not sure I agree with this logic, plenty of people here complaining about lack of contact and they may have felt they had to do something. And group behavior theory is such they may even have convinced themselves of the argument. But has DOT actually said anything?