FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC: Trump Soho, Gramercy, RC Battery Park, or London
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:59 am
NYBanker

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
Don't love Trump, but love the Trump Soho... location is great, and the pool deck bar is a lot of fun if you're there in the summer.
Within your set of four properties, I think you'll find the Trump hotel to be the most enjoyable.

The GPH is quite nice (my wife has stayed a number of times), but lacks some of the features a new hotel like the Trump property. I've stayed at the RC-battery park a number of times. I enjoy the Statue of Liberty views, but you're in a fairly remote corner of the city when you stay there...not in the action. (Same would be said of the Conrad.)

The London NYC is the old Rihga Royal hotel. The building was designed in the late 80s (perhaps early 90s) to be apartments, but part way through construction plans changed and it was developed as a hotel. As a result, it is missing some things you'd expect to find in a hotel. Moreover, it is in a spot that I'd describe as more corporate than local NYC.

Also note that the Conrad is sort of the Goldman dorms. It is adjacent to GS headquarters and is owned by Goldman. It was formerly an Embassy Suites hotel.