FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:35 am
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by teddy25
I am not upset, I have my eTicket printed from last sunday. without a cancelation email of my flight, I am heading to the airport on the date of my flight. We'll see how UA and DOT will do then.
Without any rancor or judgment, I will give my prediction.

1. You will get an email before the date of your flight. [EDIT: I posted this at the time I read your message. Later messages show that the emails already began to go out.]

2. When you arrive at the airport UA will advise you that you don't have a reservation on the flight. When you show them your eTicket they will either:
a. Immediately inform you that those tickets were all cancelled and you should have received an email telling you.
b. They will enter the PNR into the system and advise you that the reservation was cancelled for non-payment. No matter what you say, they won't give you a boarding pass.

3. You will write to the DOT and inform them of what happened. By that time they will have a form letter which will tell you their position (which will be something like "we investigated and determined that this particular instance is not subject to enforcement under our regulations.")

Last edited by sbrower; Jul 20, 2012 at 12:46 am