FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:33 pm
mabramovich

Ok, I wrote one too:

I purchased tickets for a flight from Toronto to Hong Kong (via Chicago) for the passenger listed above ([my dad]) as well as for [my mom]. The itinerary was ticketed and confirmed on united.com on 15 July at 12.31 pm Central Time. My credit card was charged in the full amount of $217.20. The ticket is attached in Exhibit A.

Ticket numbers were issued for both passengers and received by email and are as follows:

For Mr. [Dad]: 016-------------
For Ms. [Mom]: 016-------------

At approximately 7 pm Central Time on 19 July, United unilaterally canceled this ticket without providing notification either to me or to the passengers.

It is my belief that United has therefore violated the DoT regulation which forbids airlines from raising fares after ticketing. By cancelling these tickets, United has forced me to repurchase the tickets at a higher price if the passengers still desire to travel.

I would kindly request that the DoT investigate this matter. Your assistance is very much appreciated.