FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Together We're Giant. Flying P.S. First to San Francisco to see the Giants Win!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:22 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Trays were not refilled as quickly as I'd like. Most of these people are going to eat well on their flight but they were putting away the food in style!

Not a bad little spread, makes the mileage run I did for Star Gold last year even more worth it!

All good things must come to an end so by this point I skedaddled my way (skedaddle IS a verb) over to Terminal 7.

A giant Tulip? I think I'm going to like it here.

Last year when I took this shot, I was threatened with arrest (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...desks-jfk.html) so I took it from a little farther away. Also, when I checked-in I was happy that there was no issue getting boarding passes for my new flights (although I was told I was in Y now on the LAX-SFO segment) which was good. Often rebookings (especially with shall we say, older computer programs) cause issues. In fact, the only issue was the agent saying “Is your last name pronounced like “nuts”? When I said “it's coons, like raccoons” he said “oh...that's a K! I thought it was an N!”. And you're the FIRST CLASS AGENT?!

Security was quick today (always a blessing) and who doesn't like being greeted with possibly the last sign left not saying “United Club”?

Some of the original P.S. Advertising in United's Mid-2000's style.

The “Global First Class Lounge”. In fact, it's so “Global” it doesn't even have windows!

Booze selection is decent (there was again real champagne, some kind of Brut maybe?) but would it kill them to put the sodas and juices in a refrigerator?

Food selections are pretty lame. Tuna fish sandwiches (now THAT'S First Class!) fruit, cold cuts, cheese, crackers, cookies etc.

Look! Cup of Noodles! It's like college!

Nothing says class like lift-it-yourself cellophane! Thankfully, the shrimp was pretty good. I didn't try the sausage. Comparing this lounge to American's Flagship Lounge wouldn't be fair, and we'd all laugh too hard anyway. I know AA has more international flights out of JFK but this is embarrassing. I could tell by glances at boarding passes that a lot of people here had paid for their tickets (no FF#s) and this is not worth paying for. The bathroom was also pretty bad. Still, as I always say...it beats the gate! Also, the agents working the RCC Desk were very friendly and helpful so there is that.

Speaking of the Red Carpet Club, I took a walk over there to see what was what. Must be nice to have windows, guys! Make sure you appreciate them!

Remember the good old days with LHR, NRT and South America flights? Me too!

Now I'm getting excited! Annoyingly, boarding went “Special Assitance”, Uniformed Military and Global Services then “Group 1” which is all First, Business and 1Ks. Personally, I think that a three class plane should always have three class boarding but Mr. Smisek has yet to ask me my opinons.

Old paint! Now that cements my fun little nostalgic romp!