FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do I need to uninstall/reinstall ESet NOD32? Can't complete computer scan
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:23 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do I need to uninstall/reinstall ESet NOD32? Can't complete computer scan

While Eset updates signature database 6x daily, I've been unable to run a full computer scan in almost 3 weeks. I've reported the issue via the contact/report something form, get an auto-reply they'll respond in 1 biz day, and then I don't hear back.

A few minutes ago I had a big pop-up from Microsoft Security Essentials threat showing a trojan, something else & adware fraud & then saying to clean my computer, with then a pop-up to install something windowsminimizeragent.pl, I think it was. At the same time ESet threw up a security warning, which led me to believe the other one was actually the problem. So I didn't do anything w/ regards to the big red pop-up or the install.

When I've run a computer scan, it gets to 73% & then stops each time. It stops at this:

TargetC:\SwSetup\RoxioCB9\EMC_90\Data.cab>missingf iles.chm.652BB93D_023C_434A_AF51_ED00BEZ4D3C6

Always stops at the same point every time I've tried to run the scan. So:

* do I need to uninstall/reinstall Eset, or
* is there something else that's wrong that needs to get fixed, and can i actually do it (w/ you all walking me through it of course!).

Any input appreciated, since ESet isn't really getting back to me.

Tying back into travel, this is happening on my laptop.

Cheers.