FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yangon and Myanmar Hotel Recommendations Sought
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:40 pm
uberuber

I stayed in the May Shan (fine) and the Seasons of Yangon (avoid).

May Shan - Fine. I was in a window room at 49/night, windowless rooms are cheaper at 35 or 39. Breakfast was standard toast, eggs, tea and bananas. The location is good, it's great to be able to tell a cabbie "Su le" and have them immediately go to the right place. Staff was helpful, internet was okay. AC was fine. Laundry was $0.80 per piece.

Negatives: Room was a bit musky, internet wasn't great, bad exchange rate offered (although there is a currency exchange with great rates half block north.)

Seasons of Yangon (no relation) - $35 per night. If you ar egetting the early flight to Bagan, I'd suggest paying the extra 15 and staying in the other airport hotel (Myanmar Life hotel?). See negatives. A stone's throw from the airport. Internet was $2 per hour on an ancient laptop. Staff were helpful, AC was ice cold.

Negatives: bed had cat hair in it. Or at least I'm hoping to god it was cat hair. Internet wasn't great.

I also stayed in Bagan and Tuangoo, I can post reviews if requested.