FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can the TB revisit the Commercial links in Signatures issue?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:14 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kokonutz
You make a good point.

Would it be wrong to insist on a more strict set of rules for moderators' signatures than for posters' signatures?

I get it that they are members 'first and foremost,' but when a thread is locked, their sig line is the last thing anyone sees on that thread.

As such, they have an extra responsibility to be judicious in what is contained in that sig line.

Something like: 'Moderators signatures must comply with every TOS and should not link to alternative IBBs, blogs or other sites where locked thread discussions can continue.'

I know I am going to get the whole knee-jerk 'you can't tell moderators what to do....only moderators can do that.' But how about just a friendly suggestion for an addition to the Moderator Best Practices document?

I have to say, this made me giggle. Don't worry, we know who the controllers are. :*
I think your suggestion is a good start, because yes, when a thread is locked, their signature is the last thing that someone sees on the thread.