FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:18 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by TravelBeat
In general, I have little to zero faith in local television reporters when it comes to doing stories about aviation. This report was absolutely *horrendous.* It fabricated some generalization that the airline's "legions of frequent fliers" were upset by this obvious glitch that United Airlines isn't making good on.

I'm glad UAInsider cleared it up here for us FTers, but the best part of the CBS "news" report was the fact that the reporter never bothered to get the other side of the story from the airline itself!
Welcme to FlyerTalk!

The quotes from the 'expert' who was interviewed were so generic and cut up into pieces that one could not really be sure that he was even speaking about this issue. Furthermore, his last comment about the DOT not wanting to have anything to do with mileage tickets was quite clearly at odds with what was printed in the Useless Tday regarding this story.