FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:51 pm
johnathome

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ozstamps

Anyway it showed a far wiser UA ... cop it on the chin and turn a mistake into a PR Plus.

The current "United" seems to actively seek terrible PR .. maybe that attracts the Kettles they so desire these days to fiill the planes?

Unfortunately most airlines today are more focused on their shareholders and creditors than their customers. Shareholders apparently like what UAL is doing. Stock was down today but still near its 52 week high.

Even with so many people saying they left for AA, everyone of my flights from LGA/EWR/ORD have been nearly full this year. There are still plenty of premium passengers for whatever reason still flying UA.

I don't see the current "United" changing their mind on this after the "over-entitled" remarks that were played out with equity investors and the SQ problems.

Great if UA turns around and flies all those people to HK (HK is a lovely city as I lived there for a year). Maybe they change their mind (DOT or bad publicity) but heads are probably spinning in Chicago trying to figure out next steps.