FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:20 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I just hope the people that got this deal and now have this holier then thou attitude have a nice trip. When they get back they no longer have the right to consider themselves "some of Uniteds best customers" nor should they ever open their mouths again and complain how the airline is treating them. If I was United I would let everyone who got this mistake fare go on their trips and then close down each ones account and rip any status away. The whole purpose of these programs is to reward loyalty. The whole purpose of Elite levels is to reward UA's best customers. None of these people fall under the category of "best customers" if the airline is forced to take a bath on an "obvious mistake" that some people exploited
I hear ya and understand why you said this, however most likley it wont affect UAs finest, simply since most likely they didnt have say 1k in their accts but most likely 100s of 1000s and therefore UA withdrew the proper amount and not just 4 miles.

But even if they didnt have enough to pay the actual amount if all they cashed in for was 1 tkt then Id think UA shouldnt go after them. But for those who cashed in for 10s of tkts either for themselves or their entire extended family then I agree with you especially if they went to DOT or filed a law suit . If someone cashed in for 2 tkts for themselves and their spouse or SO then UA shouldnt throw the book at them if it was a simple US-HKG Itin, but if they booked flying all around Asia and or Europe UA should throw the book at them.

That said COdbaUA is no Favorite of mine but for now I cant divorce her, it would work against me. I just hope that with all that has happened since 3/3that Jeff comes down off his High Horse and starts looking at not what is the cheapest way to run this Airline but instead starts thinking what do we NEED to do to make sure this Airline is #1 in all facets

Last edited by craz; Jul 17, 2012 at 9:04 pm