FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:35 pm
GMUJD06

Originally Posted by Eryeal
Actually this would be more comparable with someone getting a $200+ cert for a faulty footrest, coming to the forum and telling everyone, then everyone trying to book that exact same seat on that exact same aircraft with the intention of getting a $200+ cert as well.
That's fair. They're certainly not identical situations, and this mistake would cost United much more money in the long run than a footrest.

My point is, before everyone blasts everyone else for costing the airline money in this particular case, I think they should take a step back and look at how many times they've somehow gotten something ridiculous (like a $200 cert for a footrest) or gotten a rep to waive fees they otherwise should have paid.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is hypocrisy. None of us here are completely virtuous. I'd argue that most of us came to FT in the first place as a place to share ideas on how to gain something from our chosen airline. If we all wanted to play 100% by the rules United set up, why does FT exist in the first place? I'd just ask Alex all of my questions.