FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can a MR Plat member uggrade a family member?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:40 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Krischey
My cousin is getting married and him and his soon-to-be wife are going to be in Hawaii at a Marriott resort for their honeymoon. It is a revenue stay that they are going to be on, I was wondering, is it possible for me to upgrade them ?

I was thinking of either using points for an upgrade, or (major stretch I am sure) finding some way to have the hotel apply my status to him, increasing his chances.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience doing this.

Thanks
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ly-friend.html for similar discussion.

Status should not be conferred however, a call to the Plat Desk may provide some options for paying for an upgraded room with points maybe. If they have not already paid for the room (TA or pre-paid charged) your credit should appear on their bill.

Also a call to the property letting them know it's a honeymoon trip may get them some nice property perks.