FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:51 pm
frecuente-flyer

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Any idea what kind of scale we're talking about? 10,000 tickets?
And the glitch allowed the booking to and from HKG, and I assumed many were done from overseas as well (initially discovered from China to HK?).

Even though I doubt it, if UA decides to honor the tickets because of the DoT regulation in the US, what would they do with people from overseas?

The sense of fun and excitement has turned into anger and entitlement... why so many think they are always entitled to get the way they want no matter what... life is not fair to begin with...corporations, same as governments, are also made up by people, and people still make mistakes. And yes, they should pay in part for their mistakes, just as we do if we screw up. For me, I take this one as a lottery. If we get it, great. If we don't, maybe we will get some future credit voucher instead. If not happy, just don't fly with them, and take your business somewhere else.

And we wonder why airlines in the US and around the world are struggling and filing for bankrupcy (besides the obvious oil prices)