FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380-800 Seating Question
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:50 pm
sbjnyc

Originally Posted by KLC
We were opup'd to Premium Economy from CDG-IAD on the 380 last month. The flight was oversold in economy. From some of the discussion with pax near us, it seems to happen fairly often.
While it will be a nice surprise, I'll have to assume my chances of getting such an upgrade are remote at best.

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
A few notes:

Ignore any AF seatmap you see on Dl.com, as well as any seat assignments in your DL reservation. The only thing that you can assume is accurate are the seat assignments on AF.com.

Dl.com sometimes allows you to choose seats in cabins in which you don't have a ticket, e.g. I've had a C ticket and it let me choose a F seat. I assure you that even if those somehow carry over to AF.com, at one point they will remove that seat assignment and assign you another available seat in the class you booked.

I haven't flown in Voyageur in awhile, but last time I did I greatly prefer the upper deck. Quieter, and they have those storage bins on the side at the window seats.

1:40 min should be enough time to connect, especially if you are connecting all within 2E and your flight arrives on time. If you have access, use the Acess N 1 lines...they can save you a lot of time.
Thanks for the advice. I've flown to CDG before but this will be my first time connecting.

Unfortunately no window seats are available upstairs but I took an aisle in the exit row. I'd have been upset if I got stuck in a middle seat because AF didn't acknowledge the Y seats I booked on delta.com. That'd be quite the fiasco since delta opens up about 200 seats that would otherwise be blocked by Air France.