FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirTran advertising?
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:20 pm
knope2001

I'll have to keep an eye out for it -- I have to admit that I don't watch as many games since the bullpen can't seem to hold any sort of lead.

Anyone in other cities see AirTran ads return?

Everything did seem to disappear quite a few months back...billboards cycled off, commercial stopped, long-time ad purchase in national travel magazines stopped. I wonder if this ad buy on the Brewers broadcast is something dictated by the sponsorships WN/FL have with them? That could explain it, or if could be a sign that they've reversed course and decided to sink money into AirTran advertising again. With the very last of the 717's not leaving until 2015, and word that the 717's will never join the fleet of Southwest itself, the AirTran name isn't disappearing soon.

The peculiar thing about the timing of AirTran ads in Milwaukee is that they will be shrinking rapidly over the next few months as Southwest takes over most AirTran flying here. A solid chunk switches in August, and much of the rest in early November. To start pushing the AirTran name again right before it's going to shink substantially is a bit odd.