FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - caveat emptor--buyer beware!
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:38 am
thumbelina

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SWA CP, SWA A list, Hyatt Platinum, Hhilton Gold, Makai Club
Exclamation caveat emptor--buyer beware!

Stayed one night at radisson SJC to fulfill my promotion

Checked today to find out it said ineligible rate

I booked it through the website and nothing was said about not earning points

It was the lowest rate on the radisson website--nothing special, not AAA, not AARP, not F&F

Was told not all rates listed on website give miles and they don't tell you if they do or not and there was nothing I could do

Asked to speak with manager

She looked up and said I booked a SWIFT air airline rate. I told her I have never even heard of swift air. I just booked what the website offered me with no promotions or codes entered

She said she had to type something up before sending me to the manager

Then she came back and said she talked with the manager and that on a one time basis they could (re)instate the points.

Luckily then, I mentioned I had only stayed that night as I was going to be away from any Radissons/country inns/park inns until the promotion ended

At that point she said as it stood now I was not eligible for the promotion

After about 6 long seconds...she started to do whatever it was to get it to make those points eligible for the promotion

Whereas she originally said it was my fault for the rate I booked on the website, she then switched her tune and said it was how the hotel had fed the info into the system and said she would contact them about it.

I am posting this to let you know to call and find out if the rate you booked will be eligible for points(they seemed in no hurry to add any such info to their website ) and to check after staying to be sure the front desk entered it correctly. Also persist if told nothing can be done.

Last edited by thumbelina; Jul 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm