FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finish with a Bang, Start with a Bang (LX F, OZ F, CA J, CX J, AA F, SQ J, BA F)
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:24 pm
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 1 – Zooming across the Atlantic, Swiss Airbus 330 First Class (YYZ-YUL-ZRH-CDG)

*Special thanks to SFO777 for proofreading and editing this Western Canadian’s French

The First Section of the trip report covers Part 1 – 5 which is the last Aeroplan mini-RTW ticket, Dec 8 – 13 (YYZ-YUL-ZRH-CDG-FRA-ICN-PEK-HKG)

Oh Aeroplan, you have been so nice for such a long time but it’s time to bid adieu as your prohibitive fuel charge as mandated by the ticketing carrier “Air Canada” have pushed me to warmer waters. It’s one thing to charge fuel surcharge but its another to charge it and not pass it along to the carrier actually flying me, what a cash grab! However, not before I make off on one last First Class trip on their ticket stock

Finally done another term of university, what’s going on? It’s the 2nd week of December and there hasn’t been any snowfall this winter. Whatever, I’m gone for a month and they can have as much snow as they want as long as I’m not the one to be shoveling it. Being a month long trip, I relied on the airport shuttle as usual since its cheaper for longer trips vs. parking my car at Pearson.

Dec 7, 2011 – Thursday
AC 412 YYZ-YUL 1:10pm - 2:15pm (321/J)
LX 87 YUL-ZRH 5:00pm – 6:25am(+1)[Dec 8] (333/F)
Dec 8, 2011 – Friday
LX 634 ZRH-CDG 9:05am – 10:20am (320/J)

Another shuttle time change, today leaving at 8:45am instead of the original 9:30am puts me at Pearson even earlier than ever, such is the inconvenience of the shuttle unfortunately. While waiting to combine our shuttle in Western Niagara, this morning hands me more travel inconveniences. A family of 8 (including 4 under 12 y.o kids) was part of our today shuttle drive, these kids were dying for their Cancun vacation but sadly this also means the other folks including myself had to put up with their sugar or should I say travel high kids! Ugh…

God I wish I could get that hour back of my life, boy was I not liking this start of a trip on short sleep.

Check-in was a snap and off to the Toronto Domestic Maple Leaf Lounge.
Sometimes I wonder what would’ve happen way back in the day if I chose to become an Air Canada frequent flier vs. American Airlines frequent flyer.
Well for one, I wouldn’t be remotely be close to becoming a million miler, all the YYZ AAngels would’ve never have known me and I would be sitting in the back a lot more often.
Nah, I wouldn’t want to give up my college experience for the world

Toronto Pearson Air Canada Domestic Maple Leaf Club

The Maple Leaf Club does offer showers at YYZ and well as better snacks, drinks and food compared to the YYZ Admiral’s Club but its also in T-1 which meant the terminal is bigger, the walk to the gate is longer, the station is bigger and the human interaction seems to few and far between.
Being a big dog (AA EXP) in a small station does have its advantages

Air Canada Airbus 321-200

Air Canada 412
Toronto to Montreal Trudeau
1:00pm – 2:15pm, 1 hr 15 min flight
Business Class, Seat 2C
Food – Light Snack
Equipment – Airbus 321-100

A relatively light seat map at 3 hrs out turned out to be far from the truth, and no wonder AC seems to be in contract dispute all the time lately, you know its really bad when 9 out of 20 J seats are filled by flight attendants or pilots, this isn’t United P.S First you know, aka Employee Class.

Air Canada Airbus 321-200 Business Class Cabin

Nothing to remember much on this flight, a cheese plate on these flight similar to ones last year to LaGuardia, had a first officer seated next to me which boarded late so carry-on had to be moved around somewhat, but it makes the flight a lot more enjoyable to have familiarity.
I finally understand the lifestyle of George Clooney, or should I say Mr. Ryan Bingham

Zzz, much needed zzz……

Landed into Montreal, its been awhile since I’ve been here
Parlez vous français? Oui, un petit peu …

That’s what happens if you are from the rest of Canada lol, your French is rather dusty.
Outside security to the Swiss Check-in desk, got a nice Swiss boarding pass then straight back in the MLL, j’ai faime… soupe, salade, des biscuits

Montreal Trudeau Air Canada International Maple Leaf Club

Part 1 Continues Below