FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Celebrating Birthday onboard Cathay First by Cleaning out the Entire Plane (CX F)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:43 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
We were about 5 mins late pushing off waiting for last minute but sadly, no headwind, 5 hrs exact flying time to Vancouver tonight

About 10 mins taxiing out to 31L, we took off just around 11:25pm

Turning around New York City and making our way towards the Northwest

This flight has the newest interface of StudioCX which I find was kinda lagging and slower compared to the one being used for the last 3 to 4 years

CX 889 New York Kennedy – Vancouver Dinner
*Thanks SFO777 for typing them up

Starters
Smoked Salmon carpaccio with avocado creme fraiche timbale and capers
Truffle potato soup
Caesar salad with marinated prawns

Main Courses
Grilled USDA prime beef tenderloin with creme de cassis onion marmalade, mashed potatoes, baby carrots, asparagus and artichoke
Rigatoni with gorgonzola cheese sauce and mixed vegetables

Chinese Favourites
Double boiled duck with winter melon soup
Cold plate - vegetarian duck
Stir-fried lobster with scallion and ginger, steamed jasmine rice, kailan with black mushroom and carrot flower

Cheese and Dessert
Cambozola, St. Paulin, Goat Cheese, Yellow Cheddar
Raspberry yoghurt cake with raspberry coulis

Tea and Coffee
Pralines

As everyone else know, catching me on a good day or a bad day for CX in this case and I eat like a boar…
Norli and Audrey were the 2 CX FAs in First today and they were just awesome

Starter Drink – Johnny Walker Blue Label with some Coke Zero chase

Dining Presentation

Bread Basket, special catered to all Garlic Bread

Appetizer - Smoked Salmon carpaccio with avocado creme fraiche timbale and capers

I agree with SFO777, mine was equally just as good

Flying over Niagara, hi home!

Sadly halfway through our meal, apparently CX only catered half a bottle of JW Blue so it’s already completely finished by the two of us

Back to eating
Salad - Caesar salad with marinated prawns

Was way too much cheese and prawns, could use more than 3 pieces of lettuce

Chinese Appetizer - Vegetarian duck

Essentially it’s Bean Curd wrapped in Shiitake Mushroom, sadly it was missing malt vinegar, don’t know why CX doesn’t cater vinegar for it

Main Course - Stir-fried lobster with scallion and ginger, steamed jasmine rice, kailan with black mushroom and carrot flower

Lobster was wonderful, tasted flavorful and rice and kalian was cooked correctly, couldn’t say the same about the lobster in June sadly

Cheeseboard

Never been a big fan personally so I’m reserving this for Jfkeze

Dessert

Pralines

After the meal, decided to get the bed made, was around 1:15am eastern when the service finish, off for some sleep.

Part 1 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:56 am