FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2012)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:51 am
SPBanker
Ambassador: Finnair Plus

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Intercontinental Moscow

Intercontinental Moscow

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked King Superior, was upgraded to Junior Suite. The upgrade was visible in my reservation two days in advance.

How are the rooms?
Junior suite was more suite than junior. The bedroom was relatively large and the BIG bathroom was connected to it via sliding milk glass doors. The living room was large, containing a big leather sofa, workspace etc. Both rooms had flat TVs. Living room had also the minibar and, on top of it, cafe machine (Lily).

How is the Club Lounge?
Was not given access, which costs RUB3,450 per day. Since my rate included breakfast, saw no need for it.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Room.
- Service, everyone was very friendly. At the check-in there was a huge line, (apparently French) tour group. I noticed the Ambassador desk was empty, so I ask the consierge whether anyone was working there. He immediately got a person to serve me there. (This caused some commotion among the tourist group. The commotion got louder when the receptionist came from behind the counter and served me some "homemade" berry juice. Sorry, this was my DYKWIA moment )
- Location.

Bad
- No pool.
- Price. This property is more expensive than e.g. Hilton or some of the Marriotts. For my business needs central location is not vital, as I need to move around the city anyway.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
If the price is right, I will definitely return. For 30,000 points this is a steal.