FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Who to contact for Manage My Bookings problem?
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:03 pm
InsaneTravel

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Originally Posted by wildyorkie
I cannot retrieve my reservations by Aeroplan number or ticket reference code at the Air Canada Manage My Bookings webpage. This is the error message I get:

Flight Booking
We are temporarily unable to process your request.
If the problem persists, please contact Website Assistance and provide this error message number. (9102)

I have both e-mailed and called Air Canada - twice - about this problem. Although AC confirms over the phone that I have reservations, they have not resolved the problem over the past week. Who should I contact at AC? E-mail would be preferred. Thanks.
(I just re-read your message and noticed you were having problems with AC manage my bookings and not AP manage my rewards which is what I had difficulties with. Please ignore #2 below)

I've had this problem many times and although I was told it would be fixed it never was. It seems to happen when you make a change to a booking which involves a change in fees or taxes.

1 - You can call Aeroplan at any time and ask them to email your booking.

2 - You can go to AirCanada.com and see your booking (Go to Manage My Bookings) with the Aeroplan Booking code. This will work even if you do not have any AirCanada flights on your booking.

3 - If you have other carriers on your booking call each of them and ask them for your booking code (it will be different than the Aeroplan Code). With this code you can login to each carrier's website (Manage my bookings) and you will see this carrier's flights. Also sometimes one carrier will show other carrier's flights as well.

4 - With the Aeroplan code (Usually this doesn't work but it might) or with any of the other codes you received in #3 above go to:
www.checkmytrip.com and you will see most (if not all) of your flights.

WARNING:

If you see an error in #2 above, (you may see the same flights appear twice or it will say Change of Airport required) You should call Aeroplan as there was a change to your flights.

You mentioned you prefer emails, I don't think emailing the carriers will work as you have to give them private information and usually companies don't respond to emails very quickly (2-3 days at best). If you are out of the country and calling Toll Free #'s are not convenient or even possible use SKYPE as they will let you call North American Toll Free Numbers for free.

If the Aeroplan account is not in your name, call 1 time with the person that it belongs to and ask them to add you to the account, after this you can call on their behalf.

I hope this helps,

I.T.

Last edited by InsaneTravel; Jul 9, 2012 at 4:11 pm Reason: Re-read original post and realized the problem was NOT with AP but AC manage my bookings. Adjusted my post.