FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replacement for iGoogle as a home page?
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:46 pm
Internaut

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I been using, for as long as I can remember, iGoogle for my home page. This is a personalized Google home page. So whenever I go to my home page on a device I get the same thing. My actual home page has a mix of 4 or so options for the main page. I can switch between these using links on the side bar as well as go to individual items on each page. One of these that I usually set for my landing page has things like the weather, headlines from my favorite blogs and a few other items. Another page listed on the sidebar has Google docs and mail, another has Google scholar for work stuff and another has a bunch of news sources. So it is a great setup, everything I want in one place. And they are discontinuing it. In the notice they say there are apps that do this now. Well, perhaps, but not on a computer and not all together. I would have to be switching from app to app to get all the functions which wont be as useful, convenient or nice.

So what do people use as their homepage? Are there customizable ones available that could provide the same functionality as iGoogle does or close to it? I used to use Yahoo as my home page and may have to check that out again. Other suggestions? Thanks.
I think the kind of personalised page Google (and Yahoo) gives is going out of fashion, hence Google pulling the plug. Yahoo will doubtless do the same next. My home page? I've arranged the widgets on my Samsung S3 to give me the "at a glance" information I want (the notification centre does the rest). I've never found something that does exactly what I want though.