FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strategy for KE award flights using DL miles
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:19 am
ehe123

Originally Posted by RxCapt
I would really like to try out the A380 and switch to the JFK-ICN flight for the outbound, adding a DL segment from ATL-JFK. When I searched EF, 4 seats in A (first) show up but none in O. When I call DL, they see 1 seat in O available and none in A. I know that LAX is another option but I would prefer to maximize my time on KE and would rather stick to the nonstop from ATL.
We had two DL award tickets on the ATL-ICN flight in business for early Sept. But I then wanted to fly on the A380, and saw that I could have a much better schedule using the LAX-ICN, arriving late in the evening rather than at something like 4:30 am. I was so happy when the Delta agent (Diamond line) was able to change our flight to ATL-LAX and then LAX-ICN on the A380. However, I had a question and called back and spoke with someone else. The new agent saw that we were not in business on the A380 (and none were available that day), and that only one seat was now available rather than the 2 that we needed if we wanted to rebook the ATL-ICN! So after much work I was able to book 2 seats in business on the renovated 74s from ATL-NRT and then take a NRT-ICN flight. Pretty frustrating.