FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy - beware of equipment changes
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by falconred
B and H, so at least I can still get miles. I'd be more upset if that was not the case. But I doubt my fare refund will be significant.

UPDATE: A couple hours later a different agent (who I had been working with before) called me back, and offered me a free exit row seat to make up for the inconvenience. Not optimal, but at least it is something. Obviously they could not offer this to all PE pax if an entire cabin was effected.
You should argue with them on this one - there was probably a V class available at the time, and if you are a CX GO, you would be able to guarantee this anyway, so they should give you the fare difference to V class.

How far out is your flight? I suspect that it might be better if you notice an equipment change for a flight that's quite far away to not contact CX. By contacting CX, you are tacitly accepting a class change, and makes it easier for CX to say that you knew about the class change in advance and hence you get less compensation. Also, the plane might change back to one with Y+.