FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:58 am
mrkymark

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Hey folks,

So I joined Skyguide long ago 3-4 years ago. I can confirm that it is a good program. Reimburses everytime with a little effort.

The terms were, 3 yrs ago, the same as they are today:
"I will be charged a one-time club processing fee of $2.99. If I enjoy my first 2 months and want to continue receiving the valuable benefits, I will do nothing and $29.95 will be billed to my American Express Card for one year of membership, unless I call to cancel. If satisfied, I will receive continuous annual renewal of my club membership at the then current rate (currently $59.95)"

Again that means:
- 2 months at 2.99
- 1 year at 29.95
- then continuous renewal at 59.95 (the current rate)

Well apparently AMEX Publishing seems to think that this actually means:
- 2 months at 2.99
- 1 year at 29.95
- 2nd year at 59.95
- then continuous renewal at "the current rate" (which the consumer has no access to this information and is different for different people.) "Current" means $59.95 for some subscribers and for me "current" means $100.00.

I don't know about you but I smell a rat. I read the T&C's very carefully and I didn't sign up for "current" to be an arbitrary number. If "current" is $100 for everyone then yes that would be ok but I received a duplicate offer just a few months ago saying that "current" was still 59.95. What's going on?
- yes, I know all I have to do is cancel but that's not the point
- yes, I know I could just sign up with a new membership(I guess kind of like churning), but that's not the point.

I want to stay and be loyal but loyalty is being punished.

I think a reputable company shouldn't be so shady about their offers. So anyone who actually likes Skyguide and has stuck with them please be aware of this. I have written to them again and will await their response and let you guys know.