FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EY trying to rip me off
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:45 pm
Vidic15

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by edy4eva
In dealing with a fair bit of airlines around the world I have never come across a single airline that tries to impose cancellation charges where the penalties section in the fare basis clearly indicates that cancellation/refund/changes are permitted at any time.

I just cancelled 2 EY business tickets over the phone and got the agent to tell me there will be a 25GBP fee for each booking. I said ok but something didn't sound right (the booking was made in Euros, how come the agent is quoting a cancellation charge in GBP). After hanging up I pulled up the fare basis for the ticket to double check, and sure enough it showed no penalties for cancellation.

Just as I was about to call EY again, I get an email from an agent confirming the cancellation and indicating there will be 110AUD cancellation fee per person!

Is this something anyone has encountered before? Very disappointing.
Did you book through an agent?

Most airlines/agents have a penalty fee now, and that includes business, especially if the ticket was one of the "cheaper business class fares".

Were you ever made aware of the penalty?